- Poet. Poet-playwright.
- Editor-in-chief of Pyriform Press and the journal Nerve Lantern: Axon of Performance Literature.
- Visual artist/designer. Makes books.
- Sometimes spoken word performer.
- Director, producer, designer, playwright of Verve of Verge: a puzzle play.
- Sometimes teaches poetry writing workshops.
- Published in journals, including Negative Capability, Tarpaulin Sky, Chain, For Immediate Release, Bombay Gin, and Score.
- Contributor to the compendium
kari edwards: NO GENDER: Reflections on the Life & Work of kari edwards, Eds. Julian T. Brolaski, erica kaufman, and E. Tracy Grinnell. Brooklyn: Litmus Press / Belladonna Books, 2009.
- Author of the book-length poem Unrequited Symbiosis: a Mitochondrial Mistranslation & Underwater Opera (unpublished).
- MFA in Writing & Poetics from the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics, Naropa University.
- BA in Literature from the College of Creative Studies, UCSB.
- Lives in Goleta, near Santa Barbara, California.
- Queer bird.
You can visit the Ellen Redbird site for more info.
This page is under construction.
Ellen Redbird is also under construction, but that’s a continual process—like coastal erosion.